Free Template CPD Log for HCPC Paramedics and NQPs
This is a template log to help you meet your CPD and audit requirements. If you set up your own Airtable account, you can copy the ‘base’ (the whole thing) to your own account and then make it your own.
NQPS – If you are an NQP, follow this link instead. The NQP CPD log contains a list of learning outcomes so that you can match your evidence to them. It also contains additional tips throughout the reflection fields to ensure you are meeting the requirements. Do check the learning outcomes are the same for your own Trust’s version of the NQP portfolio though. (For EEAST staff, this should meet your needs**).
Both bases should meet the requirements for a free Airtable account, which means that unless Airtable change what we can do with free accounts, this should be free forever. More importantly, unlike with my alternative CPD log in MS Access, you can continue adding to your CPD log via an online form or the Airtable app.
You will now see multiple tables on the left-hand side: detailed CPD log, short CPD log, reflections, and evidence list. The detailed one contains all fields and must be used in combination with the Page Designer on the right-hand side. The short CPD log contains minimal information but you can click on the table, then go to print view, and print this simple list of your CPD activities.
You could then choose to use this short log in combination with the evidence log – which is effectively a contents page of the evidence you have attached, with their relevant page numbers. These page numbers should link to the order of your portfolio, and your evidence should be written about in your statement. The reflections show all entries that have reflective entries. Feel free to experiment with print views until you have found a way that works for you.
Combine this with a template portfolio
Don’t forget, there is also a template portfolio to help you meet all other aspects of the HCPC requirements – specifically the statements – follow this link for that.
Why it’s useful:
I’ve designed the ‘Add CPD’ form to allow all relevant info to be added in the same place. No one likes multiple different forms.
- Maintain an up-to-date log of activities – we do this every time we fill in the form, and we’ll refer to it in the statement that accompanies the log. There is no need to tick a box about it every time we submit an entry.
- Complete a mixture of learning activities related to our practice – This should be discussed in the statement that accompanies our CPD log. It should also be demonstrated when we select a variety of categories in our entries
- Ensure CPD contributes to quality of practice and service delivery – This one is a good reminder for each CPD entry, so is included in the form above.
- Ensure CPD benefits the service user – Likewise here.
- Present a written profile – Met by completing the profile that accompanies the log. More guidance here.
Reference: HCPC Standards
Need more reasons? Keep Scrolling:
Most importantly, the template is free for as long as Airtable allow us to have free accounts.
Here’s the link again:
Let me know what you think!
*Article 999/Louise Sopher is not endorsed by Airtable and merely uses the free account to make awesome tools like these.
**We are not endorsed by any ambulance Trust and are not paid to create or promote this material.